Terms and Conditions
By submitting the Wellness and Leadership Grant application (the “Application”), the applicant (the “Member” or “Members”) agrees to the following Terms and Conditions of the Wellness and Leadership Grant program (the “Grant”). These Terms and Conditions, the Application, and the Request for Payment and Grant Report constitute the entire agreement between the parties.
The Grant will be up to 100% of Eligible Costs, to a maximum Grant amount identified by MSPEI within the Grant approval notification.
Payment will be based on actual Eligible Costs as evidenced at the time of Request for Payment and as approved by MSPEI, but in no event shall it exceed the maximum Grant amount.
“Members” means the MSPEI members identified in the application (named and unnamed).
“Grant” means the maximum funds approved by MSPEI for the Wellness and Leadership Grant Application.
“Initiative” means the specified activities, work or undertaking described in the Application.
“Quote” means a document provided by an external service provider detailing work or services to be offered as part of the Initiative and the agreed fixed cost.
“Eligible Costs” means those reasonable and proper costs of the Initiative which have been accepted by MSPEI in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, and subject to the eligibility of specific activities, as determined by the MSPEI and excluding the following items:
- HST or any other federal or provincial tax which may be eligible to be fully or partially refunded;
- Any portion of the cost or service that, in the opinion of MSPEI, exceeds the fair market value;
- Costs incurred for the initiative that were not identified in the application; and
- This list is not exhaustive, and other items may be deemed ineligible by MSPEI
“Request for Payment” means the completed form requesting payment for Eligible Costs, the Grant Report as well as a copy of each supplier invoice and proof of payment for each Eligible Cost.
“Grant Report” means the completed evaluation form reporting the results and outcome of the initiative funded by the Wellness and Leadership Grant program.
The Grant will be disbursed once the Member has submitted a completed Request for Payment to MSPEI. The contribution will be paid using direct deposit provided that the Member provided:
- Complete and accurate business banking information;
- A completed Request for Payment including copies of invoices and proof of payment and any additional supporting documents requested; and
- Agreement to these Terms and Conditions is provided.
In addition to the foregoing, the Member agrees to the following conditions:
- Submit a Request for Payment and Grant Report to MSPEI not later than three (3) months after the Initiative Completion date as noted on the Application. If the Request for Payment and Grant Report is not received by MSPEI within three (3) months from the Initiative Completion date, the Member will be deemed to have declined the Grant and may have no future claim to payment of the Grant.
- Submitting an Application before any financial or legal commitment is made on the Initiative.
- No announcements related to funding of the Initiative may be made by the Member without the written approval of MSPEI.
- All members of MSPEI including MSPEI board members and committee members shall be entitled to take part in and share any benefits arising from this agreement.
- Should the Member fail to abide by any of the conditions under this agreement, MSPEI may require that the Grant be repaid on demand and any unpaid amounts may be revoked.
- The Member agrees to preserve and keep available for audit the books, accounts, and records of costs of the Initiative for 36 months after the completion of the Initiative and the Member will permit an authorized representative of MSPEI reasonable access to the same for the purpose of an audit, and supply such information as may be required by MPEI.
- The Member shall indemnify and save MSPEI harmless from all claims, demands, actions, and causes of action of third parties that may arise out of this Initiative.
This agreement shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the Province of Prince Edward Island and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, and no action or proceeding shall be brought to construe or enforce this Agreement except in those courts having jurisdiction in the Province of Prince Edward Island.