Continuing Medical Education Rebate
This program helps offset costs incurred when physicians pursue accredited continuing medical education (CME). The program is administered by MSPEI.
- Fee-for-service, sessional and/or contract
- Expenses eligible for reimbursement are:
- Registration fees
- Up to full-fare economy flight or other travel costs up to the equivalent full-fare economy rate
- Miscellaneous expenses associated with travel (e.g., taxis, tolls, etc.)
- Meals (as per government travel policy)
- Accommodations (unless otherwise approved, no greater than the hotel conference rate at CME site for the duration of CME only)
- Books, journals, educational software and other CME materials may be purchased for CME purposes whether undertaken in PEI or at other approved sites.
We recognize that how you obtain your continuing medical education shifted dramatically during the pandemic. Access to traditional in-person conferences and courses were limited; many of you pursued CME on-line, after-hours and on days off. Notwithstanding the ways in which CME was delivered may have changed, we know the obligation on you to obtain the necessary credits did not.
Fee for service, sessional or contract physicians can now complete a declaration form to access the CME fund. While we still require some details (i.e. the name of the course and estimated time dedicated to it) we no longer require you to submit receipts or proof of its accreditation, although you should keep this on hand should our CME program be audited by our funders.
The MSPEI Continuing Medical Education (CME) Funding program subsidizes costs related to defined individual CME purposes for eligible MSPEI members.